This is a very refreshing and light pastel-coloured smoothie. If you love citrus as much as I do, you have to try it! This is terrific even if you don't like grapefruit because all you're having is the juice of grapefruits without risking any bitter pith getting into your smoothie.
Here are some smoothie basics. As always, I'd advise not eating or drinking anything for at least 1-2 hours before and after you have any smoothie. That gives the smoothie a chance to assimilate into your system, and won't overload your digestive system with fibre.
Grapefruit Cucumber Smoothie
Makes: approximately 24 oz.
- 3 medium grapefruits, juiced
- 4 seedless mandarins, juiced
- 2 seedless mandarins, peeled
- 1 Persian cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups romaine lettuce
- 10 mint leaves (optional)
- Put everything in a blender jar and blend until very smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 8 hours.