I love this mildly earthy raw soup at any time but especially at dinner when I don't want the sweetness of fruits, and need a quick dinner after the gym.
Raw Soup, or Savoury Dinner Smoothie
makes: 32 oz.
- 1 small beetroot, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup cucumber chunks
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 capsicum (any colour), trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (or tomato chunks)
- 1 packed cup red amaranth (sometimes also called red spinach) or other greens
- 12-15 sprigs cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 - 3 cups water
1. Put all the vegetables, fennel seeds if using, lemon juice, salt, and 1-1/2 cups water into a blender jar. Blend everything till smooth. Add water to adjust consistency and enjoy! This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.