By a fortuitous coincidence, the Slow Wine tasting in San Francisco was in late January where M and I got to dive deeper into Oltrepò Pavese and met the lovely Director and Press from the Consorzio Tutela Vini Oltrepò Pavese. We hit it off almost instantly and they were delighted to know that I was new to Oltrepò wines. We went right when the event began but the wines were late so we had plenty of time to talk. They insisted we taste everything they thought would be interesting to us and after an animated tasting of almost all their wines they sent us off with a bottle of Sangue di Giuda. If you want to know more about Oltrepò Pavese wines visit them here.
THE WINE AND FOOD
Having spent 144 months on the lees, this wine was an excellent example of Oltrepò Pavese Metodo Classico DOCG wines.
- Our host Susannah at Avvinare, talks about “Wine Treasures To Be Found in Oltrepò Pavese."
- My discovery of this region is here on Keep the Peas where I talk about “Just Now Discovering Oltrepò Pavese Wines"
- Camilla from Culinary Adventures with Camilla adds Second Pours of Oltrepò Pavese Wines with Braised Short Ribs and Puff Pastry”
- Linda from My Full Wineglass brings “Flying under the radar with an Oltrepò Pavese sparkling rosé”
- Terri from My Good Life dishes about “Stone Crabs with Oltrepò Pavese.”
- Martin from Enofylz showcases “A Taste Of The Unsung Wines of Oltrepò Pavese”
- Deanna from Winevore posts “Wine for the Priest! from Oltrepo Pavese, Italy”
- Jeff from Food Wine Click! waxes about the “Surprising Wines of Oltrepò Pavese”
- Rupal from Syrah Queen post “Oltrepò Pavese Wines -One of Italy’s Best Kept Secret”
- Gwendolyn from Wine Predator showcases “2 Pinot Nero from Oltrepo’ Pavese #ItalianFWT”
- David from Cooking Chat reflects on “Tasting and Pairing with Oltrepo’ Pavese Wines”
- Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm checks out “Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna paired with Oltrepo Pavese Wine”
- Liz from What’s In that Bottle suggests we “Check Out “the Other Side of the Pó” for Tasty Italian Wines “
- Jennifer from Vino Travels adds “Pinot Nero in Abundance in the Oltrepò Pavese”
- Lisa from The Wine Chef writes “Off The Beaten Path: Oltrepò Pavese, A Wine Region to Know About.”