You'd never guess this gorgeous silky mousse is made from... avocados!! It's so nourishing and energising that you can have it for any meal of the day, even as a snack.
Superfood Chocolate Mousse!
makes: 2 servings
- 1 medium (or 2 small) ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder, or more to taste (use regular unsweetened cocoa powder if you don't have raw cacao)
- 5 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or water)
- 1 tsp. natural vanilla extract or pure vanilla bean powder (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Honey or maple syrup (if required, to adjust sweetness)
Toasted coconut, shaved dark chocolate, fruits, nuts, granola, etc.
- Soak the dates in the orange juice for 10-15 minutes to soften. In a blender, add the avocado flesh, dates, juice, salt, cacao powder, and vanilla if using. Blend until smooth. You will most likely need to scrape down the sides of the blender jar a few times.
- Taste and adjust cacao and sweetness to taste. Serve immediately with toppings of choice. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.