Wednesday, July 2, 2014

AVOCADO AND CARROT DIP


This dip comes together in a snap, and freezes really well, so it's a great way to use ripe avocados before they lose it! I'm not sure how I thought of adding carrots to my guacamole but I did, and loved it. So that's how I make it now... but technically it's not guacamole so I call it avocado and carrot dip instead. Regardless, it's totally delicious, refreshing, healthy, and tastes great no matter what you serve it with. I like it with tacos or a few different salsas and chips, or in warm tortillas like a taco, or with roasted vegetables. I very often use it in place of salad dressing - a large dollop of this dip is excellent on a salad.

Hope you all like it as much as I do!


Avocado and Carrot Dip
makes: 3 cups

- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 large carrot (or 2 small ones), cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion, cut into 3-4 large chunks
- 15-20 cilantro sprigs
- 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 roma tomato, finely chopped (optional)
  1. In a food processor, process the carrot, garlic, onion, and cilantro to a medium dice.
  2. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop out the flesh.
  3. Add the avocado flesh, salt, lime juice, and serranos to the food processor with the other diced vegetables. Process to a chunky-ish consistency till the avocado is mixed in, but don't make a paste! Stir in the chopped tomatoes if using. Taste and adjust the salt and lime.
  4. Transfer to a bowl and serve with tacos, chips, tortillas, crudités, crackers, or roasted vegetables. Store leftovers in the fridge up to 3-4 days, or freeze.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Payal

    I am fellow FIAite. Would like to invite your to join my initiative www.itspotluck.com. We have about 400 Indian food bloggers already joined and looking forward to join many more talented bloggers like you.

    Regards
    itsPotluck

    ReplyDelete