Almond Crackers (Gluten-free)
makes: 20 - 24 crackers
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour (or make your own - see Notes)
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. freshly crushed black pepper
- parchment paper/plastic wrap
- 2 tbsp. chopped dried/fresh herbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/175 C.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a food processor or by hand to make a dough.
3. One at a time, put 1 inch diameter balls of dough between the parchment or plastic wrap and roll into round crackers.
4. Put rolled crackers onto a baking tray large enough to hold them without crowding.
5. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them - overcooked crackers will taste burnt.
6. Let the crackers cool completely before trying. Straight out of the oven they will not be crispy and will taste fine but feel undone. Don't put them back in the oven!
1. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Make your own almond flour by pulsing almonds (I leave the skin on) in a food processor till they are finely ground but not pasty.
3. Don't over pulse or you'll make almond butter - sort of.
4. Use fresh parchment/plastic wrap during rolling if it gets too unwieldy or torn during rolling.